Congratulations on being admitted to the University of Maine at Farmington. You’re in! We welcome you to join us as the newest member of the Band of Beavers — Class of 2022. You’re going to love it here.
Over the next few months, you’ll have more opportunities to get to know us even better. We hope you and your family will come to one of our off-campus Accepted Student Receptions and our on-campus Accepted Student Days.
So, come on and secure your spot in the Class of 2022 by completing the My Decision 2022 Reply Form now.
So, what’s next? Don’t worry. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
- Celebrate. Yell a hearty Woo-Hoo! Bust out a happy dance. Give a mighty fist-pump. Shout out to your friends on Snap, Insta and the Facebook. Do this immediately. You’ve earned it.
- Secure your spot in the Class of 2022 by completing the My Decision 2022 Reply Form and paying your deposit.
- Go ahead and activate your MaineStreet account and get yourself a brand new “maine.edu” email address by going to UMS User Account Management accounts.maine.edu
- Check out our Instagram to see what happening at UMF. We’re @umf_admissions
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid). Farmington’s FAFSA code is 002040. Our priority deadline was March 1 but you still have time to file.
- Check your UMF email and visit our MaineStreet portal (it’s password-protected) for financial aid updates: mainestreet.maine.edu.
- If you haven’t already done so, return your deposit and the My Decision 2022 Reply Form.
- Register for our optional UMF Summer Experience program. It’s a great way to meet your new classmates, get a feel for what Farmington will be like — and earn UMF college credit.
- Once you are officially a Beaver, access our internal myCampus portal for more info and join our closed Facebook Group just for members of the UMF Class of 2022.
- Complete any UMF Placement Testing that’s required. We will contact you after you return your enrollment deposit if you are required to take
a math and/or writing placement test.
- Complete the online Housing and Course Planning Form on myCampus.
- Submit your Financial Responsibility Statement on MaineStreet (accessible via myCampus)
- If you’re taking any AP exams, request that the results be sent to UMF. We award UMF college credits for a score of 3, 4 or 5.
- If you’ve takrn any college level classes, request that the transcripts be sent to us from the college giving you the credits.
- Make sure your high school has sent us your final transcript showing your date of graduation.
- Contact your family physician to obtain health and vaccination records and send them to us.
- Attend our UMF Summer Experience program. Meet your new classmates, get a feel for what Farmington will be like — and earn UMF college credit. It’s optional, but highly recommended.
- Watch for your housing and roommate assignments in MaineStreet.
- Communicate with your roommate to coordinate what to bring for your residence hall room.
- Expect to receive your first semester bill.
- Start getting even MORE psyched, if that is even possible. It’s almost time!
- Make arrangements with the UMF Merrill Center for payment of your first semester, due August 15.
- Get packing! Make your travel plans and get ready for the best four years of your life.
- Give a teary goodbye to Mom and Dad (it’s OK, everyone does it).
- Move-In Day for new students, Saturday, September 1 (check-in begins at 9am).
- Fall Orientation September 1-3.
- Classes Start Tuesday, September 4.
- Woo-Hoo! You’re on your way!
Office of Admissions
University of Maine at Farmington
246 Main Street
Farmington, Maine 04938-1994