Be Home at UMF — FREE on-campus housing for students who graduated from a Franklin County, Maine high school.
Go “away” to the college right in your own backyard. Yes, we’re talking to you, Mt. Blue High School / Foster Technology students. You too, students at Mt. Abram, Spruce Mountain, Rangeley Lakes, and CVA. (And home-schooled students in Franklin County.)
If you’re admitted to the University of Maine at Farmington as a freshman from any high school in Franklin County, Maine (or if you’re home-schooled in Franklin County) you’ll receive FREE on-campus housing your first year — a savings of more than $4,500.
Funny thing is, many Franklin County students who choose to go away to college return home (to UMF) after starting college someplace else. Well, we’d like you to consider UMF right from the start.
You don’t have to go away to be away. And you don’t have to live at your parents’ home. If you graduated from any Franklin County high school, you can live on campus at UMF — FREE.
Live on campus and make a fresh new start. Become whoever you want to be. Our residence halls give you the opportunity to meet new people from all over.
Each residence hall (and floor) hosts regular fun functions: cookouts, movie nights at Narrow Gauge Cinema, yoga classes, intramural teams, special off-campus excursions, and more. You’ll become part of a whole new crowd.
And because you’re from the area, other UMF students may ask you for your Franklin County insider knowledge and advice. The best kept secret hiking trails, the best night to go to the movies, who’s got the best pizza, the best days to hit the Farmington Fair, the quickest way to Saddleback and Sugarloaf, and more.
Free on-campus housing your first year. Have a real going-away-to-college experience right here at UMF.
For Franklin County high school grads, UMF offers a rich academic and social lifestyle … that just happens to be sort of close to home. There’s a lot more going on here than you may realize.
- More student clubs and organizations than some schools twice our size
- Concerts, plays, improv comedy, dances, poetry slams, movie nights, student art exhibits and more
- Battle of the Bands, Spring Fling Week, Open Mic Nights, Wii competition Nights, Acoustic Nights
- Varsity athletics, club sports, and intramurals, group fitness classes
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities on campus and off-
- Affordable weekend group excursions to a New York City Broadway shows, Boston Bruins games, Red Sox games, NYC sight-seeing, and more
- Group outdoor adventure activities like hiking to Grafton Notch, kayaking the Kennebec, snowshoeing the Maine Huts & Trails, and more.
Contact the UMF Office of Admission to learn more about our unique Be Home at UMF program.
Free on-campus housing your first year!
Office of Admission
University of Maine at Farmington
246 Main Street
Farmington, Maine USA 04938-1994