Ready for a Weekend getaway? Each month during the school year, our Weekend Adventures & Excursions Program charters easy and affordable round-trip getaways — giving you a chance to take a break from the books and take in the sights outside of Franklin County.
Our award-winning Adventures and Excursions Program are partially funded through Student Activities fees, greatly reducing your out-of-pocket expenses. These popular quick trips are great monotony breakers and give you a chance to get out of Farmington for a spell and re-charge your brain from studying.
- Sight-seeing Trip to New York City
- “Wicked” in Boston
- Boston Bruins at the Garden
- Sight-seeing Trip to Philadelphia
- Boston Red Sox at Fenway
- Common Ground Fair in Unity, Maine
- Portland Red Claws Basketball
- Snow Tubing at Black Mountain
- The Blue Man Group in Boston
- “Nightmare New England ” in N.H.
- Spirit of Boston Harbor Cruise
- Fire & Ice Restaurant in Boston
- Broadway Shows in New York City
- Portland Pirates Hockey
- The Fryeburg Fair
- Boston Celtics at the Garden
- Maine Indoor Karting
- “The Addams Family” in Boston
- Weekend shopping trips to Freeport, Portland and more
We also offer shuttle service from campus to the Concord Coach Lines bus station in Augusta. From there you can catch the Portland Concord Coach Lines / Downeaster Train and on to Boston’s South Station and Logan Airport.
Mainely Outdoors — Get Your Adventure On!
To take full advantage of our perfect location, we also offer a backpack full of epic outdoor adventures through our Mainely Outdoors program. Whether you’re a seasoned adventurer or a looking for a new challenge, we’ll get you out there.
- Hiking Tumbledown Mountain
- Overnight camping at Acadia National Park
- Mountain biking the Carrabassett Rail Trail
- Skiing at Saddleback
- Flatwater kayaking North Pond
- Snowboarding at Sugarloaf
- Overnight camping at Gulf Hagas
- Whitewater rafting on the Kennebec River
- Snow-tubing at Black Mountain
- Disc golf at Farmington’s Troll Valley
- Hiking the Poplar Stream Falls trail
- Snowshoeing the Maine Huts & Trails System
- Sunset canoeing at Wilson Lake
- Geo-caching in Farmington
- Snowshoeing Pratt Mountain