Grants and Scholarships are forms of assistance students do not have to repay under normal circumstances. These funds can come from any number of federal, state or private sources and are obtained in different ways.

Some require the filing of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meeting certain requirements (Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, Academic Competitiveness Grants, University Grants, state scholarships).

Many private scholarships require separate applications for consideration. Check with your high school and local businesses / agencies for opportunities.

Eligibility for need-based Federal Pell Grants is determined by the federal government.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are need-based federal grants administered by Farmington’s Financial Aid Office.

University Grants are awarded by the University of Maine at Farmington’s Financial Aid Office and are based on financial need. State Student Incentive Grants (SSIG) are need-based grants authorized by state agencies, which may set different deadlines. Each of these grants requires a completed FAFSA.

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office
University of Maine at Farmington
224 Main Street
Merrill Hall
Farmington, Maine 04938
tel 207-778-7100
fax 207-778-7555
TDD/TTY 207-778-7000