- Celebrate. Yell a hearty Woo-Hoo! Bust out a happy dance. Give a mighty fist-pump. Shout out to your friends on Snap, Insta and the Facebook. Do this immediately. You’ve earned it.
After you’ve been accepted to UMF (We’ve said “Yes” to you)
- Now it’s your turn to Say Yes to UMF! Submit the enrollment deposit and the Admission Reply Form to confirm your spot for Fall 2019. We’ve extended the time to Say “Yes” to UMF but the clock is running down. Say Yes today.
- If you haven’t already done so, set up your personal MaineStreet portal by going to accounts.maine.edu. You will need your Student ID number, username, and activation code (sent to you by mail after you applied).
- Check your “maine.edu” email at gmail.maine.edu, or forward it to another email that you do check. It is how we will communicate with you. You can also opt in to receiving texts from us.
- Check out our Insta to see what happening at UMF. We’re @umainefarmington
- Join the UMF Facebook Group for the Class of 2023. Meet other students who, like you, have been accepted to UMF.
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid). Farmington’s FAFSA code is 002040. Our priority deadline was March 1 but there’s still time.
- Check your MaineStreet portal for financial aid updates and other items on your “To Do” list.
After you’ve confirmed (You’ve said “Yes” to UMF)
- Visit myCampus, your Farmington specific portal with a “New Student” section just for you. Go to mycampus.umf.maine.edu and use your MaineStreet username and password to sign in.
- Complete the Housing Application and Room & Board License. These can be accessed on myCampus.
- Complete the Financial Responsibility Statement, located on your “To Do” list in MaineStreet. This must be done before you can be registered for classes.
- Sign up for Summer Experience, June 23-28, an optional one week academic and social on-campus experience. It’s a great way to meet your new classmates, get a feel for what Farmington will be like — and earn UMF college credit.
- Consider participating in Farmington Fusion, August 24-30, an optional a week-long program that combines pre-Orientation and First-Year Seminar into one. You’ll explore Maine, make friends and get a jump start on your college adventure. It’s like rocket fuel for your first year of college.
- Review and accept your financial aid awards on MaineStreet.
- Start packing! You’ll receive campus housing information that lets you know what to bring to campus.
Saturday, August 31
Move-In Day for New Students and Centralized Check-In (8:30am-12 noon)
Move-In Day and Centralized Check-In will focus on new students, including transfer students, moving into the residence halls, getting your parking decal and student ID., meeting other commuters and transfer students, making connections with your new classmates, the campus staff, and beginning your UMF experience! After that, we begin Orientation. We will post additional details: times and locations, specifics, here as they are finalized.
Tuesday, Sept 3
Classes Begin! It’s finally here, the day you’ve been waiting for, your first day of classes at UMF!
Welcome to the start of something really great.
Office of Admissions
University of Maine at Farmington
246 Main Street
Farmington, Maine 04938-1994