- Celebrate. Yell a hearty Woo-Hoo! Bust out a happy dance. Give a mighty fist-pump. Shout out to your friends on Snap, Insta and the Facebook. Do this immediately. You’ve earned it.
Now that you’re admitted (we’ve said Yes to you)
- Secure your spot in the incoming class by completing the My UMF Decision Reply Form and paying your deposit.
- Join the UMF Facebook Group for the Class of 2024. Meet other students who, like you, have been accepted to UMF. It’s a great way to stay connected!
- Accepted Student Days — check back on April 10 for an update regarding this event. Here is a great resource for you in the meantime, the online version of our Accepted Student Day Booklet.
- Go ahead and activate your MaineStreet account and get yourself a brand new “maine.edu” email address by going to UMS User Account Management. Need help? Find instructions here or watch this video.
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid). Farmington’s FAFSA code is 002040.
- Check your UMF email and visit our MaineStreet portal (it’s password-protected) for financial aid updates: mainestreet.maine.edu
- Check out our Insta to see what happening at UMF @umainefarmington
Once you’re confirmed (you’ve said Yes to us)
- Soon your checklist will be available on myCampus. This will be your “home base” for UMF! Everything you need will be accessible from myCampus.
- Complete the online Housing Application.
- Register for classes by filling out the Course Planning Form. We will let you know when the Course Planning Form is live on myCampus and ready to go.
- Submit your Financial Responsibility Statement on MaineStreet.
- Complete the WritePlacer Placement Test if required. We will contact you after you return your enrollment deposit if you are required to take the WritePlacer placement test.
- Review and accept your Financial Aid package on MaineStreet.
- If you’re taking any AP exams, request that the results be sent to UMF. We award UMF college credits for a score of 3, 4 or 5.
- If you’ve taken any college level classes, request that the transcripts be sent to us from the college giving you the credits.
- Send disabilities documentation, if you plan to request accommodations.
- Make sure your high school has sent us your final transcript showing your date of graduation.
- Sign up for Summer Experience: June 21-26, an optional one week academic and social on-campus experience. Details on this coming soon!
- Contact your family physician to obtain health and vaccination records and send them to us.
- Watch for an email with your housing and roommate assignments.
- Communicate with your roommate to coordinate what to bring for your residence hall room.
- Expect to receive your first semester bill.
- Order your textbooks.
- Start getting even MORE psyched, if that’s even possible. It’s almost time!
- Make arrangements with the UMF Merrill Center for payment of your first semester
- Get packing! Make your travel plans and get ready for the best years of your life.
- Fall Orientation Move-in Day is Friday, August 28.
- Classes Start Monday, August 31
- Woo-Hoo! You’re on your way!
Office of Admissions
University of Maine at Farmington
246 Main Street
Farmington, Maine USA 04938-1994