Mark your calendar for these events, activities, and deadlines you won’t want to miss:
July 26–28, UMF’s First-Annual Summer Reunion: It’s time to come home to campus!
Join alumni and friends for UMF’s first-annual Summer Reunion timed to coincide with Downtown Farmington’s annual Summer Fest celebration! Summer Fest features a farmers’ market, food truck court, displays by local artisans and craftspeople, a children’s parade, river float race, 5K run, and musical performances throughout the day Saturday and into the evening.
Whether you and your BFFs (Best Farmington Friends) choose to stay on campus for the weekend or just visit for the day on Saturday, we have a range of registration options: Register for housing in a residence hall for one or both nights, cash-bar socials on Friday and Saturday evenings, and a guided Stand-Up Paddle Boarding excursion on nearby Porter Lake on Saturday afternoon. (Space is limited to 10 participants; SUP boards are provided free of charge, courtesy of UMF’s Mainely Outdoors Program.)
For the truly intrepid looking for a wet and wild adventure, we’re also offering a UMF Alumni and Friends Whitewater Rafting Excursion on the Kennebec River with our friends at Moxie Outdoor Adventures in The Forks. The additional per-person cost for the Saturday whitewater rafting trip is $89.
Peruse our itinerary below, and pack a bag. We can’t wait to see you in late July!
Friday, July 26
- 4 to 6 p.m. — Check in to your residence hall. Rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, and all linens. (BYO Pink Floyd poster and lava lamp. It’s OK to bring snacks and drinks, too.)
- 6 p.m. — Join alumni and friends for a cash-bar happy hour followed by a buffet dinner. (Stay up as late as you want. No classes in the morning.)
Saturday, July 27
- 7:30 a.m. — Those registered to participate in the whitewater rafting excursion will depart UMF for The Forks. Whitewater rafting tickets must be purchased through Moxie Outdoor Adventures. (Please register with reservation code 201906060003.) Enjoy a thrilling day and we hope you only get as soaked as you want to. For those who choose not to go whitewater rafting, we encourage you to explore campus, head downtown for a bite, or head off campus for an adventure of your own to Smalls Falls, Tumbledown, Clearwater Lake, or any of your other favorite outdoor places. You can event rent low-cost outdoor recreation equipment from Mainely Outdoors.
- Until 8 p.m., check out Downtown Farmington’s Summer Fest offerings.
- 1 p.m. — Mainley Outdoors will take 10 participants Stand Up Paddle Boarding on Porter Lake in New Vineyard. Paddle to the island, explore, and see the eagle’s nest. Achieve peak relaxation. We’ll be back on campus around 4:30 p.m. Registration for the SUP excursion is limited to 10 people.
- 6 p.m. — Join alumni and friends for a cash-bar happy hour and dinner.
Sunday, July 28
Check out of your residence hall by 11 a.m., but feel welcome to stick around for the day. Relax on campus, visit your favorite shops downtown, or drive out to the mountains. Be sure to take plenty of selfies with your BFFs (Best Farmington Friends) and hashtag with #umfalumnireunionRegister Today
With over 110 attendees, the 2019 Bee-vah Bowl was a blast! This year’s event featured more food, more lanes, and an array of awesome raffle prizes, including a New England Gold Pass for unlimited skiing and riding at Sugarloaf, Sunday River, and Loon. For 2019, we cut the price to only $5 per person, which included a drink ticket, shoe rental and bowling, and plenty of food: sliders, wings, mac ’n’ cheese, lasagna, and salad. Even for those who didn’t want to bowl, it was a great way to get a Friday evening started in the Old Port, courtesy of the UMF Alumni Council and the University’s Ferro Alumni Center Team!
Seventy-two alumni and friends raised $4,000 for UMF Athletics at this year’s Beaver Golf Classic at Fox Ridge Golf Club in Auburn. The all-skill-level tournament helps provide UMF student-athletes with the support they need to achieve excellence in training, education, and competition.Learn More
Check out this video from last year’s Beaver Golf Classic!
UMF Alumni & Friends Ski Day at Sugarloaf
Save the Date: Next year’s event will likely be held Friday, Jan. 31, 2020!
Join us for deeply discounted skiing, riding, dining, and lodging! Here’s the UMF Alumni Deal: For only $50 per UMF graduate, you’ll receive a lift ticket, buffet lunch, and access to a UMF-only après event in the Widowmaker lounge, featuring live music, plenty of hors d’oeuvres, and beverages by Bissell Brothers Brewing, produced by UMF alumni Noah Bissell ’12 and Seth Vigue ’99. It’s $150 worth of skiing, riding, food, and drink for only $50 per person! The $50 per-person fee is also good for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing at the nearby Sugarloaf Outdoor Center. Need gear or want to stay through the weekend? We have discounted rates on gear rentals and lodging, too!Learn More
The Ferro Alumni Center Team is ramping up planning for other upcoming events, including Fall Fest Weekend and various pop-up min-reunions in Maine. Please revisit this page, update your contact information to receive email notifications, and follow us on Facebook for more details.