Housed in its own building right beside the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center, the Mainely Outdoors program offers students and community members a range of exciting outdoors trips, clinics and events.
- Student-led trips and excursions
- Equipment and gear sign-out / rentals
- Clinics and lessons
- Certification and training opportunities
- And much more
Run by the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center, Mainely Outdoors introduces you to new active outdoor recreation opportunities and takes advantage of the unbelievable natural resources in our area.
Where to? You name it!
- Hiking Tumbledown Mountain
- Overnight camping at Acadia National Park
- Mountain biking the Carrabassett Rail Trail
- Skiing at Sugarloaf
- Flatwater kayaking North Pond
- Snowboarding at Sugarloaf
- Overnight camping at Gulf Hagas
- Nighttime Nordic skiing at UMF’s Prescott Field
- Whitewater rafting on the Kennebec River
- Snow-tubing at Black Mountain
- Disc golf at Farmington’s Troll Valley
- Hiking the Poplar Stream Falls trail
- Snowshoeing the Maine Huts & Trails System
- Sunset canoeing at Wilson Lake
- Geocaching in Farmington
- Snowshoeing Pratt Mountain
- Learn-to-Ski & Ride at Titcomb Mountain
- And so much more!
All programs are open to UMF students and staff as well as the local community.
- Upcoming Mainely Outdoors Trips, Clinics & Events
- Mainely Outdoors Photo Gallery on Facebook
- Mainely Outdoors Facebook page
Equipment & Gear Available for Sign-out / Rental
We know not everyone has a garage-full of outdoor gear, so Mainely Outdoors offers an ever-growing inventory of equipment for sign-out / rental for students and community members. We really, really want to get you out there — safely and properly outfitted.
- Canoes & Paddles
- Touring Kayaks & Paddles
- River Tubes
- Stand-Up Paddleboards & Paddles
- Personal Flotation Devices (lifejackets)
- 1 / 2 / 4 / 6-Person Tents
- Backpacking and Camping Stoves
- Mountain Bikes & Road Bikes
- Bike Helmets
- Water Purifiers
- Nordic Skis & Bindings
- Nordic Ski Boots & Poles
- And More Gear Being Added!
And to help keep your gear in safe working condition, Mainely Outdoors also does ski tuning, bike tuning and more — right on campus in the Mainely Outdoors building.
Outdoor Recreation Coordinator / Alpine Ski Coach
tel (Fitness & Rec Center) 207-778-7495
We want to hear from you!
Have an idea for a cool outdoor trip? Interested in a specific clinic or lesson? Send us your suggestions, comments and questions: email@example.com