Study Away/International Sashes for Graduation Ceremonies
The Office of Global Education sponsors the study away/international sash program for graduation ceremonies. Select individuals qualify for these sashes, worn over the graduation gown. Each sash can depict one to four foreign country/state flags. The UMF commencement brochure will contain a description and explanation of the sash program, with a list of represented countries/states. We are excited about this program and the opportunity to highlight our study away and international students and faculty.
Graduating seniors who…
|Are international students|
|Are foreign-born nationals|
Have participated in an approved Study/Teach/Intern Away or Abroad program.
This includes Semester Abroad, Student Teach Abroad/Away, National Student Exchange, and Faculty-Led Short Term Travel courses.
|Have participated in a UMF Virtual Global Experience (VGE) course|
Please note the following….
- If you are a foreign born national who now has US citizenship you may also choose to display your native country flag and the US flag in a double sash.
- If you are a foreign born national who does not wish to display your country flag for political or other reasons, there is a trans-global sash available.
- Students who studied abroad in multiple locations are eligible for a sash depicting multiple countries. There are single, 2-flag, 3-flag, and 4-flag sashes available.
- Students marching in May who will complete student teaching abroad/away the following fall semester as their final degree requirement ARE eligible.
Faculty and Administrators participating in graduation ceremonies who…..
|Are foreign-born nationals|
|Have participated in a UMF formal teaching experience abroad (includes a semester, shorter/multiple/repeat terms)|
|Have led a short term travel course abroad or domestic|
|Have taught a UMF Virtual Global Experience (VGE) course|
|Spent a semester studying abroad while in college/earned a degree abroad|
HOW TO ORDER
- Visit the VisionWear website
- Select your product – search under Graduation Sashes.
- Add product to cart
- Enter the UMF discount code – a code unique to our campus that will provide free shipping of your order to the UMF Office of Global Education. Request the code from Office of Global Education – email@example.com
- Select Apply Coupon and then proceed to checkout
- Be sure to request the discount code before you are ready to order.
- Orders must be processed using an @maine.edu email to qualify for free shipping.
- Only orders processed using the UMF discount code will be included in the commencement brochure country/state list.
Orders must be placed by April 2 to guarantee delivery in time for graduation!
Sashes will be shipped directly to the UMF Office of Global Education. You will be notified when your sash is ready for pickup.