The Office of Global Education will work closely with Residence Life to arrange housing assignments for Exchange Students, who will be housed in a number of residence halls, excluding Lockwood Hall and Francis Allen Black Hall.

Degree-seeking international students will be assigned housing by Residence Life.

All students must complete the Housing Application. NOTE: Exchange Students will not be housed in Lockwood Hall or Francis Allen Black Hall, so do not select these as preferences on the housing application.

All students must also complete the Room and Board License. Once you fill out the form, save it as a .pdf and email it to Lynne Eustis at leustis@maine.edu.

Language Assistants/Students and Language Professors will be assigned housing by the Office of Global Education and are not required to complete the Housing Application or Room and Board License.

Residence Hall Information

Campus Safety 

Dining and Meal Plans

UMF Dining 

Learn more about the Resident Meal Plans here. Note, you may choose only from the Resident Meal Plans and not the voluntary meal plans. The meal plans will be explained during International Orientation and you will have time to change your meal plan after arrival, should you decide that another plan will suit your needs better.