Mission & Values
We’re grounded in our values.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Alike or different, we welcome and promote expansive thinking
- Innovation. We innovate everywhere and know that stretching demands the freedom to fail
- Collaboration. We greet others with curiosity and the open hand of a willing partner
- Resilience. We rise to meet the evolving needs of UMF and the people and state we serve
Year of Listening + Planning
We listened, guided by our core principles.
- Inclusivity. We invite and rely on everyone to offer input and feel vested in the outcome
- Communication and transparency. Timely updates build trust and encourage direct engagement
- A broad perspective. We set goals and priorities that best serve the university, as a whole
- Balanced decision making. We work together to create the best possible plan — not the most popular one
- Respect. We respect shared governance, differing viewpoints, the process and confidentiality
Together, we’re designing a new way forward.
The University we’re collectively reimagining is already taking shape. We’ve rolled up our sleeves to face big problems with a simple approach: We acknowledge where we are. We uncover and analyze how we got here. Then we work together to reimagine inspired and lasting solutions.
We couldn’t do any of this important work without the dedication and commitment of our Strategic Planning Committee, current Working Committees and other friends of UMF. They include:
Strategic Planning Committee
Progress & Next Steps Learn More Resources
We intend for this Strategic Plan to be an open, inclusive and transparent endeavor. If you have questions, suggestions, or concerns please contact us:
Strategic Plan Implementation
University of Maine at Farmington
224 Main Street
Farmington, Maine USA 04938