Proof of immunity to the following diseases should be on file prior to registering for classes 

  • Measles (Rubeola)
  • Mumps
  • Rubella (German measles)
  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria

Send copies of your immunization records to:

Shared Processing Center
University of Maine System
P.O. Box 412
Bangor, ME  04401
fax  207-581-5451

Frequently Asked Questions

What does your certification of immunization need to show?

  1. Tetanus and Diphtheria vaccine given within the past 10 years
  2. Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine given after your 1st birthday and documentation of a 2nd booster

How do you get proof of immunity?

  1. School immunization / health record signed by school nurse or healthcare provider
  2. Immunization records from your healthcare provider
  3. U.S. Military immunization record
  4. Laboratory evidence of immunity (titers) to measles, mumps, and rubella

If you do not have the required immunizations or do not have official records, please have your healthcare provider immunize or re-immunize you prior to coming to campus. Vaccines are also available at the UMF Student Health Center. Contact us for details.

The Maine Legislature passed a new law regarding immunization exemptions that took effect in Fall 2021.  The only exemptions allowed now are medical. You must submit a healthcare provider’s statement that immunization against one or more diseases is medically inadvisable and you must meet the requirements for those immunizations not covered by the provider’s statement.


tel  207-778-7200

Contact Us

Student Health Center
Located inside Scott Hall Residence Hall
University of Maine at Farmington
245 Main Street
Farmington, ME 04938
tel  207-778-7200
fax  207-778-8183
TYY (via Maine Relay Service) dial 711