How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at FAFSA.gov
- Do this as early as possible.
- Note: Prior to filing the FAFSA online, you and your parent must create a FSA ID at FAFSA.gov which will be used to sign the FAFSA and gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems.
- You must enter the University of Maine at Farmington’s federal school code, 002040 on your FAFSA.
Please know …
- The FAFSA is the only application you need to be considered for need-based aid at UMF.
- We do not require a Profile Form or any other financial aid application in addition to the FAFSA.
- The FAFSA is required to apply for need-based, federal, state, and University aid at UMF as well as for subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.
When to Apply:
Note: The FAFSA is now available earlier than in previous years and is easier to complete.
File your FAFSA as early as possible. This is the most important thing we can emphasize.
- There is no downside to filing as early as possible. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to maximize your financial aid eligibility.
- The 2021-2022 FAFSA requires 2019 income information, so applicants will no longer have to estimate income information.
- Priority for financial aid packaging at UMF will be given to those whose completed FAFSA is received at the federal processor by March 1, 2021 (for those planning to attend UMF in the 2021–2022 academic year).
- Note: If you’re planning to Transfer to UMF for Spring 2021, you’d use the 2020-2021 FAFSA, which requires your 2018 income info. If you haven’t yet filed this, you should do so ASAP. Please contact UMF’s Joe McShane firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Toner email@example.com if you have questions.
If you have questions any time during the financial aid process, please contact us. We look forward to helping you.
Financial Aid Office / Merrill Center Student Services
University of Maine at Farmington
224 Main Street
Farmington, Maine 04938
TYY (via Maine Relay Service) dial 711