The University of Maine at Farmington is recognized as having one of the most successful and effective financial aid programs in the state of Maine.
About 97% of UMF full-time undergraduate degree-seeking students receive some form of financial assistance: grants, merit scholarships, federal and state financial aid, loans, UMF scholarships, private scholarships, student employment, and more. We send Financial Aid information to everyone who applies to UMF.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at FAFSA.gov
- Do this as early as possible.
- Note: Prior to filing the FAFSA online, you and your parent must create a FSA ID at FAFSA.gov which will be used to sign the FAFSA and gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems.
- You must enter the University of Maine at Farmington’s federal school code, 002040 on your FAFSA.
Please know …
- The FAFSA is the only application you need to be considered for need-based aid at UMF.
- We do not require a Profile Form or any other financial aid application in addition to the FAFSA.
- The FAFSA is required to apply for need-based, federal, state, and University aid at UMF as well as for subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.
When to Apply:
Note: Big changes have come to the FAFSA this year. It is now available earlier and it will be easier to complete.
File your FAFSA as early as possible. This is the most important thing we can emphasize.
- There is no downside to filing as early as possible. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to maximize your financial aid eligibility.
- The 2017-2018 FAFSA requires 2015 income information, so applicants will no longer have to estimate income information.
- Priority for financial aid packaging at UMF will be given to those whose completed FAFSA is received at the federal processor by March 1, 2017 (for those planning to attend UMF in the 2017–2018 academic year).
If you have questions any time during the financial aid process, please contact us.
Financial Aid Office
University of Maine at Farmington
224 Main Street
Farmington, Maine 04938