Questions to Consider When Planning Your Next Event
- What are the times that you will start setting up and when you plan on leaving?
- What time is the actual event? (When do you want people to start showing up?
- What is your budget?
- How many people will be attending the event?
- How many rooms will you need?
- What is a description of the event you are holding?
- Will you need food service?
- Do you have any special dietary considerations?
- Is it an overnight event?
- Will you need technology?
- What kind of laptop will you be using for audio/visual presentations?
- What do you need for set-up? (Tables- rectangle or round, chairs/chair types, lectern, microphone/sound) What type of set-up do you need?
Questions You May Have For Us
- Question – Can a classroom be set up for my event?
- Answer – Classrooms can be rearranged to suit the needs of the event, however the University of Maine is not responsible for the setup of a classroom event, and the classroom must be put back to its original state when the event has ended.
- Can I change the date of my event?
- Answer – There is no penalty for changing the date of an event, however, venue reservations are first come, first serve. If the space is still available, we would be happy to accommodate you for the new date.
- Can I change the venue at which my event is going to be held?
- Answer – It is possible to change the location for your event, however, we do advise that you let the Conferences and Events office know 10-15 business days in advance, so that we can see if the new space is available.
- Does UMF offer food service including catering
- Answer – Yes. UMF offers food service from the catering company Sodexo.
- Are there overnight accommodations during the academic year?
- UMF does not offer overnight accommodations during the academic year, but Conferences and Events would be happy to help you find accommodations off-campus if needed. UMF does offer overnight accommodations during the summer season.
- Can UMF accommodate an event such as a wedding?
- UMF can accommodate an event such as a wedding. UMF’s venues for a wedding are indoors in our beautiful, old-wood Nordica Auditorium and outdoors at our Mantor Green and amphitheater. The best times for a wedding at UMF are from the third week in May to the second week in August.
For personal use:
Office of Conferences and Events
Coordinator Of Conferences & Events
University of Maine at Farmington
111 South Street
Farmington, Maine USA 04938
TYY (via Maine Relay Service) dial 711