Questions to Consider When Planning Your Next Event
- When would you like to hold your event?
- Will you need food service?
- Do you have any special dietary considerations?
- How many people will be attending the event?
- How many rooms will you need?
- When do you want people to start showing up?
- What time is the actual event?
- What time will you start setting up and when you plan to leave?
- What is your budget?
- Can you describe the event you are holding?
- Is it an overnight event? If so, how many days / nights?
- Will you need technology?
- What kind of laptop will you be using for audio / visual presentations?
- What resources do you need for set-up of your event? (Tables: rectangle or round, chairs / chair types, lectern, microphone / sound, multimedia screens)
What type of set-up do you need for your event? (see below)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Classrooms can be rearranged to suit the needs of the event, however the University is not responsible for the setup of a classroom event, and the classroom must be put back to its original state when the event has ended.
Yes. There is no penalty for changing the date of an event, however, venue reservations are first come / first served. If the space is still available, we’re happy to accommodate you for your new date.
Maybe. While it’s possible to change the location of your event, you must let the Conferences & Events office know 10-15 business days in advance so we can see if the new space is available.
Yes. UMF offers food service though our campus dining & catering company, Sodexo.
No. UMF does not offer overnight accommodations during the academic year; we offer overnight accommodations only during the summer. But please let Conferences & Events help you find off-campus accommodations in the area.
Yes. And we’ve hosted many. Some UMF on-campus venues for a wedding are indoors in our beautiful Nordica Auditorium, outdoors on our Mantor Green and outdoor amphitheater. For a wedding reception, we also offer North Dining Hall, South Dining Hall in the Olsen Student Center. The best times for a wedding or a wedding reception at UMF are from the 3rd week in May to the 2nd week in August.
Whether it’s your first event or your hundredth, event planning is stressful. So to make sure nothing slips through the cracks, we’ve provided this handly Event Planning Checklist.
Use it at any point of the event planning process to reduce stress and make sure no detail is forgotten.
The biggest Pro-Tip: Start planning as early as possible.Event Planning Checklist
UMF Office of Conferences and Events
Coordinator Of Conferences & Events
University of Maine at Farmington
111 South Street
Farmington, Maine USA 04938
TYY (via Maine Relay Service) dial 711