Skip to content
University of Maine System COVID-19 Information: Together for Maine: Principles for a Safe Return -
- Why do you want to teach?
- Describe a time when a student challenged your authority in the classroom. What did the student do, and how did you respond?
- How would you describe your style of teaching?
- What was your greatest challenge in student teaching? How did you resolve it?
- What techniques do you use to keep students actively involved and motivated during a lesson?
- Imagine that some of your students have finished their assignments early. How would you deal with the free time they have?
- How have you worked with students who perform below grade level?
- Describe what experience you have in modifying lesson plans for students with special needs?
- Imagine that a student is consistently late to your class. How would you handle the situation?
- Describe how you like to implement technology in your lessons.
- What would you do if a student refused to do the work you assigned?
- What is your preferred method of communicating with parents?
- For what reasons or issues would you reach out to communicate with parents?
- Describe the process you would use in responding to a student who was disrupting the class.
- Explain a difficult situation you have encountered in the classroom, what you learned from it, and what you would do differently now.
- What about teaching in our district appeals to you?
- What courses have you taken that have been especially helpful in preparing you to teach?
- We offer a rich program of co- and extra-curricular activities and encourage teacher participation. How would you like to be involved in co- and extra-curricular activities?
- What are the rules of your classroom? How do you communicate and reinforce them?
- If I were to observe your classes, what would I see you and your students doing on a typical day?
- What discipline strategies have you found to be successful?
- How do you engage parents in the education of their children?
- Describe the test and quiz formats you like to give. Why do you prefer these formats?
- Why should our school district hire you?