Here, students can join a club, take a trip to Boston, see a Broadway play, participate in community service, support UMF visual arts, hang out in The Landing, or get involved with student government. Although the opportunities are limitless, the choice is yours on how you want to make UMF a comfortable place to live and engage in academics in a welcoming community.

Student Housing

Students in a residence hall roomOne of the greatest experiences of attending college is living on campus. The University of Maine at Farmington requires all First Year students who have earned less than twenty-four hours of college credit after graduating high school and are enrolled in twelve or more hours at UMF to live in campus student housing.

At Farmington, more than half of all students live in the residence halls. Nervous about being alone in a new place? Don’t worry. Living in a residence hall is a great way to connect with other students and our highly trained staff is here to support your transition.

To learn more about each residence hall, the various themes and qualities that make up our campus, and our staff visit our Residence Hall page and Student Life Staff page.

Or contact Student Life at 207-778-7348

Center for Student Involvement

UMF students are active and engaged five days a week on campus and in the greater Farmington community. You can get involved in over 50 clubs and organizations, compete in varsity, club or intramural sports, and volunteer in the community. You may choose to perform in theater, dance, improvisational comedy, or as a member of one of our voice or instrumental music groups. Many Farmington students enjoy creating their own art, music, film, or writing. Programs and activities in the Landing or in the residence halls can be fun, informative and provide a great opportunity for you to get to know other UMF students, faculty and staff members.

In compliance with federal and state regulations, reasonable accommodations are provided to qualified students with disabilities. Students seeking an accommodation must contact the Learning Assistance Center or 207-778-7295. In situations where need is not apparent, students will be asked to provide medical documentation supporting their request.