Can I be released from my campus housing contract? How does that work?

The short answer is YES.

Consideration for release may be given in instances of severe or unforeseen hardships.

All requests must be submitted in writing.

If you are requesting a housing and dining contract release, please complete the UMF Housing and Dining Release Request, below.

Note: You’ll need to log in to your account to access the Google doc.

Also Note: There is a $500 fee for any student who is released from their Room & Board obligations at the University of Maine at Farmington.

Contact Us

UMF Student Housing
University of Maine at Farmington
Olsen Student Center
111 South Street
Farmington, Maine 04938
tel  207-778-7488
TYY (via Maine Relay Service) dial 711