The Web Media and Design program combines the conceptual and visual strengths of an Arts education with the technical skills needed to develop web-based media. Small class sizes and well-equipped computer labs give students access to the resources they need to develop a strong body of work for graduation and future employment. Graduates are prepared for careers as interactive media artists, web designers and developers. For a full description, visit the UMF catalog (2022-2023).
How do I explore Web Media at UMF?
There are many ways to explore a major. You could:
- Review the webpage for this major.
- Talk to faculty members in the major. Ask about their career path.
- Choose a class of interest and contact the faculty member to ask about going to one of the classes.
- Talk with students in the major for insights into the courses you will take and professors who will instruct you.
- Enroll in one of the following courses: ART 112 Digital Imaging or any ART course.
- Get involved by joining a club or volunteer with an organization.
- Volunteer or intern with an organization that is aligned with this major.
- Talk with a Career Counselor.
What careers can I get with this major?
What jobs have UMF graduates acquired?
Graduates are prepared for careers as interactive media artists and interactive media developers as well as graduate studies. Graduates have obtained positions as a Web Specialist, Webdesigner for a retail store, and a Technical Advisor at Carbonite.
Can I minor in Web Media? Are there related majors at UMF?
UMF has minors in Computer Science, Visual Art, Art History, Film Studies, Video Game Studies, and many other choices. Majors related to Web Media include Computer Science, Visual Art, and Performing Arts with a concentration in Arts Administration. Read more about majors and minors.
How do I declare this major?
Contact Dawn Nye, Merrill Hall, email@example.com, 207-778-7515 to discuss your interests. To apply to the major, complete a change of major form (available in Merrill Center or any academic office).