Memberships are available to the public in addition to UMF students and employees. There are a wide variety of membership options and durations to choose from. To purchase a membership, please stop by the FRC front desk.
|Adult (Ages 14+)||Youth (Ages 5-13)||Guest of UMF Student|
|10 Visit Punch Card – transferable||$60||$30||$30|
- Individual: single membership or the first membership of the family
- *Secondary: individual pass holder’s spouse/partner OR dependent child under age 18 (22 if in college)
- Add’l: additional dependent children after a secondary pass has been assigned
|Add’l Age 14+||$55|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$25|
|Add’l Age 14+||$30|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$15|
|Add’l Age 14+||$15|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$5|
|Add’l Age 14+||$5/mo|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$2/mo|
* Children under the age of 5 are free
^ Perpetual memberships require a credit/debit card and a 12 month commitment. Early cancellation fee of $50.
|Senior 60+ and Veteran Discount||10% off 12 month and 6 month public memberships|
No Senior Discount
|• Age 60 or older
• Monday – Friday must scan in before 9 a.m.
• Weekends and holidays scan-in anytime
|Covered by insurance||• Age 65+
• Eligible secondary insurance plans
• Application or copy of Silversneakers ID required
UMF Students & Alumni
|Student – 1 semester|
|Individual||included with enrollment|
|Add’l Age 14+||$15|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$5|
|Student Summer – not enrolled|
|Add’l Age 14+||$10|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$5|
|Alumni – 1 year|
|Add’l Age 14+||$20|
|Add’l Age 5-13 *||$10|
* Children under the age of 5 are free
Usage & Membership Policies
- All members and guests must sign an FRC Risk and Release Agreement Form prior to using the facility.
- Members are required to know and abide by the facility/program policies outlined in this document. Use of the membership implies understanding and acceptance of these policies.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Use of another person’s membership card is prohibited and may result in the termination of membership for all parties involved.
- Cancellation– Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Perpetual memberships are subject to a $50 early cancellation fee. Exceptions to these policies would include a medical necessity or a relocation. A membership cancel/change form must be submitted with proper documentation in order to be considered for a cancellation and /or refund.
FACILITY USE POLICIES
- All areas are available for public use WHEN OPEN – University functions/activities have first priority.
- Personal training and private health/sport coaching in the FRC is only permitted by FRC staff.
- Rollerblades, roller skates, scooters, bicycles, etc. are not allowed in the field house.
- Track: Walkers need to stay to the inside of the track while runners should pass on the outside and there should be no more than two people across.
- Track direction: Please observe the daily track direction signs located in the lobby and on the track wall. They are easily visible. The arrow indicates the direction track users are running or walking that day.
- Members and guests must wipe down all equipment, including mats after each use. Spray the paper, not the equipment.
- Loitering on equipment is not allowed (i.e. sitting on a bench while shuffling through music). Patrons are to get up between sets and allow others to work in. Sharing is expected.
- Food & drink: Water is the only beverage allowed on the courts, track, weight room or pool area. Any other food or drink may only be consumed in the lobby area. No glass containers are allowed in any area.
- As a courtesy to others, we ask that members refrain from perfumes/colognes – they may aggravate asthmatic conditions and other respiratory illnesses/sensitivities.
- Code of conduct: Members and guests are required to respect the rights of others, use appropriate language, conduct themselves in a positive manner, speak to others in a respectful tone, and comply with the facility rules. The University of Maine at Farmington reserves the right to revoke privileges for any rule violation.
- Dangerous horseplay, loudness, and/or offensive language, are not acceptable in any of our programs or spaces.
- Dress code – At a minimum, please wear shorts, shirts, and clean, closed-toed athletic shoes while in the FRC, with the exception of the pool. Shorts must be long enough to cover the gluteal fold, and shirts long enough to cover the rib cage. Please wear appropriate swimwear in the pool and change into suitable attire before using other areas of the facility. Bare feet are allowed only in the locker rooms, pool area, and during certain group fitness classes.
- Children under 14: Must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older who is responsible for the child while at the FRC. A copy of the child’s birth certificate is required to verify age.
- All other children under 15 years of age are prohibited from the fitness spaces. Children 14 and under may gain access to the fitness spaces and equipment by completing the Youth Fitness course.
- Children 5 years old and older are prohibited from the opposite gender locker room. Parents who do not wish to send their child unaccompanied into the correct gender locker room may use the changing cabanas on the pool deck or the restrooms/family changing rooms in the lobby.
- All members and guests under 15 years old are required to pass a water competency sequence administered by an FRC lifeguard in order to be in the pool without a responsible supervising adult.
- UMF and the FRC are NOT responsible for lost/stolen items. Locks are available for free at front desk. Please lock up valuables.
- The FRC will close for certain holidays, inclement weather, pool incidents, University events, and for 5 days in August for maintenance and cleaning. These closures are reflected in our rates and thus no further discount is applicable.
- Transgender inclusion: The UMF Fitness and Recreation Center supports and values an individual’s right to access and utilize recreation facilities, restrooms, locker rooms, programs, and services in accordance with an individual’s gender identity and gender expression. Individuals shall be permitted to participate in programs and activities in accordance with that person’s asserted gender identity.
*** UMF Employees
Information below is being provided by the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center for UMF employees. Employees from other UMaine System campuses should contact the UMaine System Benefits Office. The following is a brief description of employee’s campus fitness facility access eligibility:
Eligible employee bargaining units currently approved for unlimited visits for employees and family members on employee’s insurance are:
All Regular, Active employees (except AFUM) and PATFA unit members
Each employee may receive a voucher for free access of campus fitness facilities; dependents (family members) enrolled in a UMS health plan are also eligible for free visits subject to facility rules such as age limitations.
AFUM unit members (32 visits per fiscal year)
Each employee may receive a voucher for free access of campus fitness facilities; dependents (family members) enrolled in a UMS health plan are also eligible for free visits subject to facility rules such as age limitations. Immediate family members not enrolled in a UMS health plan remain eligible for 32 visits per year.
To get set up with an employee UMF Fitness & Recreation Center voucher pass, contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 778-7875, or in the UMF Human Resources Office, located on the first floor of UMF’s Merrill Hall.
The Human Resources Office will issue paper vouchers that can be presented to the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center. The Fitness Center will then issue a scan card to the employee and eligible family members. It’s seamless and easy.
UMF Employee Membership FAQ
- Fitness & Rec Center program fees – The free unlimited voucher program for UMF Fitness & Rec Center access only and will not qualify employees for various member discounts provided to paying members. Examples include reduced registration fees for some programs such as swim lessons, after school program, and Red Cross courses will be charged at the non-member rate.
- Payroll deduction – If an employee is currently doing payroll deduction and wishes to stop, they simply need to contact UMF’s HR Office in Merril Hall. They will stop the payroll deduction and notify the Fitness Center about the cancellation.
- Payroll deduction for spouse/partner or dependent – An employee will be allowed to do payroll deduction for a spouse/partner and/or dependent(s) that are not on your health insurance at the Fitness Center “employee” rate. The employee must indicate who the payroll deduction is for on the payroll deduction form available at Human Resources.
- Tax Deductible donation to the Fitness & Rec Center – Due to the fact that UMaine System employees now receive free Fitness Center memberships and that the Fitness Center does not get reimbursed for this lost revenue, some have asked if they can still do payroll deduction and make a donation the Fitness Center. The answer is yes! Payroll deduction forms are available for this purpose at the Fitness Center that recognize the employee’s donation as a gift and therefore tax deductible. You simply enter the amount you wish to deduct each pay period.
- Adding a spouse/partner or dependent(s) who ARE on UMaine System Health Insurance – Employees may add their spouse/partner and any legal dependents aged 0-26 to their membership as long as they are included on the employee’s UMaine System Health Insurance plan.
- Adding a spouse/partner or dependent(s) who are NOT on UMaine System Health Insurance – If an employee has a spouse/partner or dependent(s) that is not on the employee’s insurance plan and they wish add them, they may join at the employee rate even if they themselves are not employees. This is done at the Fitness Center. The employee is required to be present at the time of membership purchase. The employee can choose to do payroll deduction for that spouse/partner or dependent if they choose.
- Terminated or retired employees – Terminated or retired employees are not eligible for vouchers.
- Wellness hours – Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with wellness hours (paid time off for wellness activities per union contract). Vouchers can only be used outside normal work schedule.
- RiseUp Points – Vouchers will not automatically be tied to RiseUp activity points. However, employees can enter activity points themselves on the RiseUp website.
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
University of Maine at Farmington
152 Quebec Street
Farmington, ME 04938