We offer personalized, guided campus tours and info sessions weekdays year round.
UMF Visitor Policy
Updated May 12, 2022
Face coverings are no longer required at UMF, they are now optional – indoors and outdoors – for all persons: guests, students, faculty and staff, regardless of vaccination status.
- Face coverings are only required in classrooms, research spaces and instructional areas — unless the requirement is waived by a faculty member.
- Guests are asked to have, and to be prepared to wear, an appropriate face covering if required or requested when at UMF.
Approved Types of Face Coverings
- When face coverings are required to be worn, they are to be the type commonly recommended by public health officials such as the U.S. CDC or Maine CDC.
- We strongly suggest wearing a medical grade mask, two cloth face coverings, a combo of a medical mask and a cloth face covering, and if possible, a KN95 or N95 mask. Level three face coverings (surgical three-ply face coverings) may be required in certain circumstances.
- These are generally made of multiple layers of cloth or applicable disposable materials, which cover the nose, mouth and chin and are secured either with ear loops or with ties behind the head.
- The University asks everyone to aim for not mere technical compliance with the face covering requirement but rather to meet the spirit and intention of the face covering requirement when wearing your own face covering.
As a guest, you play an important role in safeguarding the health of our community members.
Any guest who is feeling sick is expected to stay home and not come to campus. We also ask guests to please use hand sanitizer (stations are located across campus) and to frequently wash their hands while visiting.
The morning before you arrive
The morning before you’re scheduled to arrive on campus, please review the questions below. If you or any of your guests answer “yes” to any of these questions, we ask that you not come to campus that day and instead contact our Office of Admissions or use the button above to reschedule your visit.
- Have you been out of the country in the past 14 days?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not been cleared by a medical professional?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had or felt like you have had a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough?
- Are you experiencing loss of taste or smell?
We’re all in this together and we’re here to help. Please contact us below with any questions or concerns.I have read the UMF Visitor Policy and I am ready to Register
Office of Admissions
University of Maine at Farmington
246 Main Street
Farmington, Maine USA 04938-1994
TYY (via Maine Relay Service) dial 711