Student’s academic records are protected by FERPA and transcripts are not furnished to individuals, other institutions or prospective employers without the written consent of the student.

How to Order Transcripts

There are three different ways you can order an Official transcript:

  • By Electronic Delivery
  • Through your Mainestreet Student Center
  • By Written/faxed request


  • Generate your own Unofficial transcript in MaineStreet

Electronic Delivery

  • Need a transcript right away?
  • Don’t want to wait for the postal service to deliver mail across the country?
  • Applying for a job or graduate school which requires an electronic transcript?

The University of Maine at Farmington partners with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide secure, electronic delivery of official transcripts to an email address anywhere in the world.

The service costs $4.40 per transcript, which is payable by credit card when you place your online order.

  • You’ll need to check with the recipient to be sure that they will accept an electronic transcript.
  • You’ll want to send transcripts directly to another college if you’re hoping to be accepted and receive transfer credits.
  • Please note that you don’t need to order electronic transcripts for undergraduate admission to other University of Maine System schools.  They’re able to access your transcript in MaineStreet as long as you don’t have a hold on your account.

Click Electronic Transcript now to place your order.

Request through your MaineStreet Student Center

If you have access to MaineStreet, and have no holds on your account, you should be able to order an Official Transcript from your Student Center:

  • Login to MaineStreet.
  • Select Self-Service.
  • Select Student Center.
  • Select Transcript:  Request Official from the drop-down box labeled “Other Academic.”
  • Complete Name and Address of recipient.

Transcripts requested via Mainestreet are mailed to the recipient and will be processed within five business days.  You can check the status of your request by returning to the request.

Written, Faxed or E-mailed Requests

All transcript requests must be in writing. Complete the Transcript Request form or send us a letter that includes all of the following:

  • Name
  • All names under which your records may be filed
  • Date of Birth
  • Dates of attendance
  • Your mailing address
  • Phone number
  • Email address
  • Whether or not you want an official or unofficial transcript
  • Address where you would like your transcripts mailed
  • Your signature and date signed

Mail your request to Merrill Center Student Services, University of Maine at Farmington, 224 Main Street, Farmington, ME  04938 or you may FAX to 207-778-7555.  You may e-mail your request as an attachment to

E-mail and fax are not secure methods to transmit sensitive information, so be aware that if you choose to send your request in this way, your personal information could be at risk.

Transcripts ordered through Mainestreet or via written or faxed requests are mailed to the recipient.  Transcripts will not be faxed or e-mailed.

All transcripts sent directly to students will be marked “Issued to Student” and will generally not be considered official. Please indicate if transcripts need to be in a sealed envelope.

Please allow five business days from receipt of transcript request for processing.  There is no charge to send a paper transcript.

If you have a Hold

Under Maine law, the University must provide current and former students with their official transcript and/or diploma upon request regardless of an outstanding balance, though some conditions may apply based on the amount past due. For more information about this process, please see University of Maine System Administrative Practice Letter IX-K.

If you have a hold on your account for a balance due, you will need to contact the Merrill Center to discuss payment on your account.  You may be required to enter into a repayment agreement prior to a transcript being mailed.  Once you have been in contact with the Merrill Center and made the necessary arrangements, your hold will be temporarily removed so that a transcript can be sent.  The hold will then be reapplied and remain in place until the debt is fully discharged.

Need an Unofficial copy of your transcript?

If you have access to MaineStreet, and have no holds on your account, you should be able to print your own copy of an Unofficial transcript.

  • Login to MaineStreet
  • Select Self-Service.
  • Select Student Center.
  • Select Request Transcript:  View Unofficial from the drop-down box labeled “Other Academic.”

You should be able to generate and then print an unofficial “Issued to Student” copy of your transcript from your own computer, as long as you don’t have any holds.


Unofficial transcripts are merely copies of the transcript with no stamp or seal, usually used in-house or by the student for personal use.

Official transcripts are transcripts in a sealed envelope that have the Registrar’s signature and the University Seal.  The envelope is not to be opened until it reaches its official destination.

Contact Us

If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to helping you.

Merrill Center Student Services
University of Maine at Farmington
224 Main Street
Merrill Hall
Farmington, Maine 04938
tel  207-778-7100
fax  207-778-7555
TDD/TTY  207 778-7244