The High School Aspirations Incentive Program is a non-degree program designed to allow academically capable high school students to pursue and earn credit for college-level coursework. All registration information and grades earned will become a part of the student’s permanent academic record and will be included in the cumulative grade point average earned at the University of Maine at Farmington.
- Be a junior or senior enrolled in a Maine public high school, an approved secondary private school or homeschooled.
- Have permission from your school counselor
- Have consent of his or her parent or guardian to register for coursework
- Have a B or better academic average
- Meet academic course prerequisites
- The requested course has space available
- Fall and Spring semesters only (does not cover summer courses)
- Aspirations students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid
- Maximum of 12 credits per academic year. Students can sign up for additional coursework at their own expense.
- textbooks are the responsibility of the student
- Student is responsible for payment if the University does not receive State funding
How to Apply
Visit the ExplorEC portal to create an account and apply for Early College courses within the UMaine System.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to helping you.
Merrill Center Student Services
University of Maine at Farmington
224 Main Street
Farmington, Maine 04938
TDD/TTY 207 778-7244