Lockwood Hall residents make the decisions for the building, do programming, set standards and, if needed, hold each other accountable. Residents living in the building are not required to have a residential meal meal plan, but can have one if they would like. The building has a large communal kitchen with a dining area. All Lockwood students sign a community living agreement.
The residence hall is overseen by a Graduate Area Coordinator who assists in the development of communal living. This staff person is responsible for enhancing residents’ college experience by assisting in promoting programs within the hall.
Programs designed by the Community Coordinator in the hall promote the development of both academic and social skills. A Community Coordinator is an upper class UMF student who assists in building community within their areas, as well as help residents get involved in the campus community through various programming initiatives.
Within the building
- Co-ed Hall
- 52 occupants
- Single Rooms
- Optional gender-inclusive room placements in the 8 double-rooms
- Connected by a west-east portico to Dakin Hall
- All bathrooms are community-style
- Laundry is located in the basement
- Kitchen is located on the first floor
- Student lounge is located on the first floor
- Typically reserved for juniors and seniors
- 1 Community Coordinator
In each room
- One cable hookup
- Two Ethernet Ports
- Wireless access
- A University-provided MICROCHILL Fridge / Freezer / Microwave Combo Unit
- Two windows, 38″ x 54″
- Space under beds, approximately 12″ at lowest to 32″ at highest
- Average furniture in doubles includes: two beds, two dressers, two closets, two desk and chairs
- Average furniture in singles includes: 1 bed, 1 dresser, 1 closet, 1 desk and chair
- Average Lockwood standard single room, approximately 9.3′ wide by 16′ deep
- Average Lockwood single room, 12′ wide by 16.7′ deep
What to Bring
We understand deciding what to bring to college can be stressful. To help you with this, see our Suggested Packing List.
For more information on campus housing, please contact us.
Assistant Director of Housing and Academic Success
University of Maine at Farmington
Student Life Office