Lockwood Hall residents make the decisions for the building, do programming, set standards and, if needed, hold each other accountable. Residents living in the building are not required to have a residential meal plan, but can have one if they would like. The building has a large communal kitchen with a dining area. All Lockwood students sign a community living agreement.
The residence hall is overseen by an Area Director who assists in the development of communal living. This professional staff person is responsible for enhancing residents’ college experience by assisting in promoting holistic community development.
Programs designed by the Community Coordinator in the hall promote the development of academic, personal, and social well-being. A Community Assistant is an upper-class UMF student who assists in building community within their areas, as well as helping residents get involved in the campus community through various programming initiatives.
Because restrooms are community-style, during the first floor meeting an anonymous vote occurs where students can voice their thoughts on restroom designations. If a resident would like restrooms to be gender-specific, then restrooms are designated as such for the floor.
Within the building
- “Co-ed” Hall
- Single Rooms
- All bathrooms are community-style
- Laundry is located in the basement with 1 accessible laundry room on the first floor
- Kitchen is located on the first floor
- Student lounge is located on the first floor
- Typically reserved for juniors and seniors
In each room
- 1 cable hookup
- 2 Ethernet ports
- Wifi access
- A University-provided MICROCHILL Fridge / Freezer / Microwave Combo Unit
- 2 windows, 38″ x 54″
- Space under beds, approximately 12″ at lowest to 32″ at highest
- Average furniture in doubles includes: 2 beds, 2 dressers, 2 closets, 2 desks and 2 chairs
- Average furniture in singles includes: 1 bed, 1 dresser, 1 closet, 1 desk and chair
- Average Lockwood standard single room, approximately 9.3′ wide by 16′ deep
- Average Lockwood single room, 12′ wide by 16.7′ deep
What to Bring
For more information about campus housing, please contact us.
UMF Student Housing
University of Maine at Farmington
Student Life Office