Scott-North is part of the Scott Hall Complex, which also includes Scott-South and Scott-West. The Scott Hall complex, located on Main Street across from the UMF Admissions Office, is UMF’s largest residence hall, an expansive 3-story building.
Although Scott-North is typically “co-ed” by neighbor, the University allows students to opt for “gender inclusive” placements in this hall. The lower level of Scott-North has a large laundry room and a full kitchen.
This residence hall is overseen by an Area Director who assists in the development of communal living. This professional staff person is responsible for enhancing residents’ college experience by assisting in promoting holistic community development.
Programs designed by the Community Assistants in the hall promote the development of academic, personal, and social well-being. A Community Assistant is an upper-class UMF student who assists in building community within their areas, as well as helping residents get involved in the campus community through various programming initiatives.
The floors in the Scott Complex are distinct by number, floor from ground level up, and by direction, defined as North, South and West. The beds are not bunked; however, if upon moving in all roommates want the beds bunked, University staff will assist is setting this up. Please note that the All-Access Meal Plan is required for all First-Year Students.
Within the building
- “Co-ed” hall
- Optional “gender-inclusive” room placements
- Connected to the main lounge and Scott-West
- Wheelchair accessible
- Kitchen and laundry in basement
- All bathrooms are single-user
In each room
- 1 cable hookup
- 2 Ethernet ports
- Wifi access
- A University-provided MICROCHILL Fridge / Freezer / Microwave Combo Unit
- 2 windows, 38″ x 54″
- Space under beds, approximately 10″ at lowest to 27″ at highest
- Average furniture includes: 2 beds, 2 dressers, 2 closets, 2 desks and 2 chairs
- Average single room, approximately 8.8′ wide by 16.2′ deep
- Average double room, approximately 12′ wide by 16.2′ deep
What to Bring
For more information about campus housing, please contact us.
UMF Student Housing
University of Maine at Farmington
Student Life Office